Friday, June 13, 2008

I need pin cushions!!

So, all my pins end up on this pin cushion, that I picked up at JoAnn's. I think since it's always by my sewing machine and within easy reach is why it's the most used. What happens is I take out all the pins as I sew and then when I need to do my pinning I have none to pin with and this one has the little bag for scraps so I don't take it to the table to cut out fabric.... so I do need more pin cushions.

Here we go, just take an old tea cup.
I used the saucer to cut out my circle
Then take some batting and roll it up.
I gathered up the edge and pulled the thread to make a ball.
Glue the cup to the saucer and glue the fabric ball to the cup, oh and I did put more batting in the bottom of the cup to raise it up a bit. Ta-da!
I'm sure there are tutorials out there but thought it would be fun.

2 comments:

Shawnee said...

Too cute, Sandy. Gotta try this. Now, I better get on back to sewing aprons!!!

Lorrie said...

Very cute Sandy. I love pincushions and have several that I have made. You can never have too many!